This soup is one of my winter staples, it is delicious topped with crispy bacon. You can omit the bacon for a delicious vegetarian option that is healthy, warming and filling!
Prep time – 15 minutes, Cook time – 20 minutes, Serving – 6
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 stick of celery
- 2 leeks
- 4 slices of smoked outdoor reared bacon (optional)
- 1 large head of cauliflower (chopped)
- 1.5 pints of chicken or vegetable stock (preferably fresh)
- 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- Finely chop the onions, garlic, celery, leeks, bacon and cauliflower.
- In a heavy base sauce pan heat the oil and place the vegetables in with a little salt. Top the pan with a lid and sweat for around 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, not letting the vegetables stick or brown on the bottom of the pan.
- Then add the stock and beans and simmer for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Blend with a blending stick until lovely and smooth.