Vietnamese Sesame Pork Meatballs with Courgette Noodles
A great tasting low carb midweek supper. Quick, easy and delicious!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 263
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 30g
Saturated Fat 11g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrates 30g
Dietary Fiber 8g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 500g minced pork
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1 bunch spring onions (½ minced, ½ thinly sliced )
- 3 red chillies (1 chopped finely and 2 thinly sliced)
- 50g sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. hoisin or ‘katsu’ sauce
- 1 tbsp. Chinese rice wine
- 25g ginger (shredded)
- 1 bunch of coriander (roughly chopped)
- 1 bunch of mint (roughly chopped)
- 2 large courgettes (spiralised)
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6.
- 2. Chop one chilli finely and place in a large bowl, finely slice the other two chillies and place in a cup of cold water (this will make them go curly, which looks great on the finished dish)
- 3. Pop the minced pork in the bowl with the chopped chilli, minced spring onions, ginger, 1 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. hoisin or katsu sauce, ½ coriander and mint. Mix together
- 4. Roll the pork into balls you should get about 15-18 balls. Place the sesame seeds onto a plate, then roll the balls in the sesame seeds.
- 5. Heat up a little oil in a pan and fry the pork balls until golden all over (being careful not to burn the sesame seeds). Pop in the oven for 10 minutes.
- 6. Meanwhile toss the courgette noodles in the same pan for one minute adding the sliced spring onions, remaining soy and hoisin sauce, the Chinese rice wine.
- 7. Divide the ‘noodles’ onto warm plates, top with the meatballs then garnish with the sliced chilli and remaining herbs.
Divine & Delicous http://divineanddelicious.co.uk/