This is an amazingly versatile recipe – I love using different nuts and fruit to punctuate the seasons – pecan and cranberry at Christmas time, apricots and almonds in spring and pistachio and sultana for a summer feel…delicious!
Prep time – 5 minutes, Cook time – 55 minutes, servings – 20-30
- 90g coconut oil (melted)
- 50g xylitol (low GL) or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 350g rolled oats (gluten free)
- 100g mixed seeds (I use Omega blend)
- 100g flaked almonds or other nuts (optional)
- 100g dried fruit – apricots, cranberries, raisins etc. (optional if you are able to eat fruit)
- 50g coconuts flakes or desiccated coconut (optional)
- 50g coco nibs (optional)
- Heat the oven to 150C/130Cfan/gas3. Warm the coconut oil and xylitol until all the dissolved then add the vanilla and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl mix the oats, seeds, and nuts.
- Mix in the xylitol and coconut oil mixture to the oat mix and stir thoroughly. Spread over one or two baking trays and toast for 45 minutes, making sure you stir the ingredients every 15 minutes (use a timer for this!!)
- Stir in the dried fruit, coconuts flakes and/or coco nibs and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and store in airtight container for up to one month.
- Sprinkle over organic ‘live’ yoghurt and berries.
Per PortionCalories 169/35g Carbs 15g/37% Protein 3g/8% Fat 10g/55%