This is a great heart warming curry, particularly good for a Saturday night!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 260
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrates 20g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 tbsp. Ghee
- 2kg lamb neck or leg, cut into 2 inch pieces (ask your butcher to do this)
- 1 tbsp. Maldon sea salt
- 1 tbsp. whole cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp. whole coriander seeds
- ½ tbsp. chilli flakes
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 ½ tbsp. garam masala
- 4 tbsp. minced ginger
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 4 medium onions sliced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 2 kg frozen spinach (defrosted and squeezed)
- 1 large bunch of coriander (roughly chopped)
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1. Preheat the oven to 160C/300F/gas 2 or use the slow cook option on an instapot.
- 2. Dry fry the cumin, coriander seeds until fragrant, put them in a spice or coffee grinder with the salt, turmeric, chilli flakes and garam masala to make a curry powder.
- 3. Heat the ghee in a heavy based oven proof pot and add the onions, garlic and ginger and sauté on a low heat for about 5 minutes, add the dry curry powder mix, pop the lid on a cook for a further 15/20 minutes ensuring it doesn’t burn.
- 4. When the mixture is very soft, whizz with a hand blender until it resembles a paste. Add the lamb and coat. Then add the tinned tomatoes, coconut milk, one can of water and the spinach.
- 5. Cover and pop in the oven for about 2 hours.
- 6. Check the lamb is tender with a fork add some chopped coriander and serve with basmati or cauliflower rice.
Divine & Delicous http://divineanddelicious.co.uk/