This is perfect on an Sunday morning or any morning really. This is a good way to start the day and stave of carb cravings!
Prep time: 5 minutes. Cook time: 10 minutes. Servings: 2.
- 4 rashers of good quality un-smoked back bacon
- 4 eggs (preferably organic)
- 12 button mushrooms (sliced)
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 200g cooked new or sweet potatoes (sliced)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6. Place the tomato halves in a roastin pan, season and place in the middle of the oven. Place the slices of bacon on a baking sheet and place at the top of the oven. Roast for about 10 minutes.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, place the eggs in the boiling water and boil for 6 minutes exactly (use a timer for this).
- Melt half of the coconut oil in a frying pan, add the seasoned sliced potatoes and cook until golden brown and crispy. When cooked divide onto warm plates.
- Melt the other half of the coconut oil in the same pan and fry the mushrooms. Serve beside the potatoes.
- Peel the eggs under cold running water and place on the plate.
- Add the tomatoes and bacon to finish the plate.
Variation: Omit bacon and increase vegetables or add sautéed spinach and/or Feta if vegetarian.
Per Portion Calories 502/430g Carbs 19g/15% Protein 32g/26% Fat 32g/59%