This is one of my all time favorites! A great ‘go to’ salad to impress your mummy friends when they come over with their kids for a play date! This is equally delicious with grilled chicken and even fillet steak!
Prep time –10 minutes, Cook time –1 minute, servings – 2
- 5-6 large cooked prawns or 100g cooked chicken breast
- 100g white cabbage (finely shredded)
- 1 medium carrot (grated)
- 6 slices cucumber
- ¼ red onion
- Handful of coriander and mint
- Handful Bean shoots (optional)
- Handful of chopped toasted almonds or cashews
- Deep fried shallots (from a good oriental food store)
Dressing (ideal for 2 servings)
- 1tsp xylitol or honey
- 2 tbsp. boiling water
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish Sauce or 4 crushed Anchovies and 2tbsp liquid amino
- 1 hot chilli (deseeded and chopped finely)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Start with the dressing: put the xylitol or honey in a bowl and add the boiling water to dissolve – then add the rest of the ingredients, lime juice, fish sauce, chilli and garlic, and set aside
- Then toast the nuts in a dry pan, turning regularly. Watch you don’t burn these!
- Thinly slice the cabbage, red onion and cumbers into a bowl, grate the carrot and add the herbs and bean shoots.
- Toss the salad with the dressing, top with prawns, deep fried shallots and toasted nuts
Per Portion Calories 351/400g Carbs 20g/26% Protein 26g/29% Fats 17g/45%